MONTREAL, Sept. 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nuvei Corporation (“Nuvei” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI), the Canadian fintech company, announces today that it has published its second annual ESG Report for 2022.
The report details Nuvei’s ongoing achievements across the key pillars of its ESG strategy, including sound corporate governance and business ethics, strong information security standards around cybersecurity and data privacy, team member well-being, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and environmental stewardship. Nuvei continues to deliver on its vision of being a people-first, technology-led global payments enablement platform.
“Last year we embarked on an important first step on our ESG journey by publishing our inaugural ESG report. This year we have built upon that foundation, including offering more comprehensive details on new activities and key initiatives the business undertook,” said Philip Fayer, Chair and CEO of Nuvei. “Our latest report underscores our commitment to extending our ESG program further as we continue to grow.”
Highlights of the report include:
- Inaugural ESG Materiality Assessment: Nuvei expanded on an initial ESG diagnostic assessment conducted in 2021 through commissioning a formal ESG Materiality Assessment to identify and prioritize ESG topics that are important to Nuvei’s success and its stakeholders.
- A commitment to gender equality: The Company has continued to strengthen Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by making further progress on its commitment to achieve 30% female board representation before the end of 2023.
- Team member engagement survey: Nuvei conducted its first team member engagement survey to gain better insight into colleagues' needs and engagement levels, with 85% of all Company employees participating and providing valuable feedback.
- Launch of Nuvei Inclusion: Nuvei launched a program focused on developing and retaining high-performing, diverse talent, and strengthening its culture in line with its commitment to cultivating a workplace where all team members feel safe and valued.
- Initial GHG emissions inventory: The Company conducted a third-party assessment of its GHG emissions and disclosed its 2022, Scope 1 (8 CO2e) and Scope 2 (482 CO2e) emissions in accordance with World Resources Institute (WRI) GHG Protocol, a global corporate accounting and reporting standard.
- Nuvei4Earth: Nuvei has built a culture around team member empowerment, social engagement, and sustainability. Teams have participated in activities in the past three years to give back to their communities in ways that promote caring for the environment.
- Community initiatives: Nuvei and its team members contributed financial and other resources to numerous organizations and causes, including a global employee step challenge in support of mental health charities, breast cancer awareness fun runs, and many more.
Data in this report has been aligned with the Sustainability Accounting Standards (SASB) Technology and Communications standards for the Software and IT Services Industry and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs).
The full report is available to read and download https://nuvei.com/esg2022.
Nuvei (Nasdaq: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) is the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47+ markets, 150 currencies and 634 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
For more information, visit www.nuvei.com