The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) data center market size to cross USD 5 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES, June 17, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ -- In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this Middle East and North Africa (MENA) data center market report.
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during the period 2020−2026. This research report also provides market size inn terms of area and power capacity for the forecast period.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
1. The Middle East & North Africa data center market added around 2% of the global data center market investments in 2020, with Turkey, the UAE, and countries such as Oman, Qatar, and Kuwait are leading the region.
2. The COVID-19 pandemic, increased digitalization, 5G penetration, adoption of cloud and hybrid infrastructure services, along with government initiatives are major drivers boosting the region’s data center demand.
3. 29 announced, planned, and under construction projects have been identified in the Middle East and North Africa region, that will be operational within the next two to three years.
4. There is an increasing adoption of modular data centers, to cater to challenges in the region such as high PUE, high operational cost of traditional data centers, and the lack of skilled workers to fulfill the requirements of a full-fledged data centers.
5. Data center investors have been infusing capital into the North African infrastructure market in the last few years, to cater to an increasing population and burgeoning data storage and computation needs, with a significant gap in data centers available to cater to this additional demand.
• Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2020−2025
• Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
• Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, cooling systems, cooling technique, general construction, tier standards, and geography
• Competitive Landscape – 11 IT infrastructure providers, 11 support infrastructure providers, 14 construction contractors, and 14 data center investors
Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Data Center Market – Segmentation
• The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) server market are witnessing growth due to the growth in data traffic. The demand for ODM servers is increasing in the market. Data center operators are adopting the IT infrastructure to match high-end data processing requirements.
• UPS systems are being widely adopted to provide backup power for cooling systems installed in the facility. The adoption of lithium-ion batteries is likely to increase during the forecast period as their price will decline. In the UAE, the market is observing the adoption of N+1 redundant UPS systems. Data center operators will increasingly use renewable energy to power facilities.
• The MENA data center market by mechanical infrastructure is expected to reach over USD 200 million by 2026. The adoption of cooling units highly depends on the IT load, rack density, and cooling systems design. Cooling systems and IT infrastructure are the predominant power consumers in data centers. Operators have adopted several innovations such as energy-efficient cooling infrastructure solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce power consumption, and decrease carbon emissions.
MENA Data Center Market by IT Infrastructure
MENA Data Center Market by Electrical Infrastructure
• UPS Systems
• Transfer Switches and Switchgears
• Other Electrical Infrastructures
MENA Data Center Market by Mechanical Infrastructure
• Cooling Systems
• CRAC & CRAH Units
• Chiller Units
• Cooling Towers, Condensers, & Dry Coolers
• Other Cooling Units
• Others Mechanical Infrastructure
MENA Data Center Market by Cooling Technique
• Air-based Cooling Technique
• Liquid-based Cooling Technique
MENA Data Center Market by General Construction
• Core and Shell Development
• Installation and Commissioning Services
• Building & Engineering Designs
• Physical Security
MENA Data Center Market by Tier Standards
• Tier I & II
• Tier III
• Tier IV
Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Data Center Market – Dynamics
Over the last few years, many countries in the Middle East & North Africa have been working toward digital transformation as a way to attract foreign investment and propel growth. The implementation of 5G across various countries is an important aspect of this process. As of November 2020, over ten operators have already implemented 5G services in the GCC countries. According to the Ericsson Mobility Report dated November 2020, the Middle East has the highest proportion of quality-led service providers at 45% and enjoys the position of an incumbent in the worldwide 5G industry. Most data centers in the Middle East are being developed in prominent locations, especially within the GCC countries. In recent years, these locations have attracted considerable investments, and more data centers are planned for 2020 and 2021.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
• Growing Procurement of Renewable Energy
• Submarine Cable Deployment & Impact on Data Center Investments
• Big Data, IoT, and Cloud Driving Data Center Investments
• Migration from On-Premises Infrastructure to Colocation & Managed Services
Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Data Center Market – Geography
The UAE is a preferred data center investment location in the Middle East, attracting investments in around four colocation data center facilities in 2020. The colocation service providers were Khazna, Etisalat, and Equinix. Rapid development in network connectivity, government support, and growth in the adoption of cloud, big data, and IoT services have been strong drivers for the growth of the UAE data center industry. The rising adoption of cloud-based services is leading to the growth of retail and wholesale colocation services in the region. The market is witnessing an increase in the demand for colocation spaces across existing and upcoming data centers. Some leading cloud service providers such as Oracle, Alibaba Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and IBM have a presence in the country.
Get your sample today! https://www.arizton.com/market-reports/middle-east-north-africa-data-center-market
MENA Data Center Market by Geography
• Middle East & North Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o Other Middle East and North African Countries
Key Data Center Critical (IT) Infrastructure Providers
• Arista Networks
• Cisco Systems
• Dell Technologies
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
• Huawei Technologies
• Juniper Networks
Key Data Center Support Infrastructure Providers
• Rolls-Royce Power Systems
• Schneider Electric
• Vertiv Group
Key Data Center Investors
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Etisalat Group
• Gulf Data Hub
• Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA)
• Raya Data Center
• Telecom Italia Sparkle
Key Construction Constructors
• Arup Group
• ENMAR ENGINEERING
• Edarat Group
• RED Engineering
• Harinsa Qatar (HQ)
• Turner & Townsend
• McLaren Construction Group
• LAING O’ROURKE
• ICS Nett
• Qatar Site and Power (QSP)
Looking for more information? Click Here
Arizton Advisory and Inteligence
email us here
Visit us on social media: